Sika Fire Protection Limited (Sika Fire) has been involved with fire protection in Papua New Guinea for approximately 35 years, being established in 1982 in Kundiawa, Chimbu Province.
We are invovled in supply, installation and maintenance of fire fighting equipment, fire detection and evacuation systems, and fire suppression systems.
We have offices operating in two locations within PNG, those being Port Moresby and Lae.
Products & Services
Sika Fire distributes the following products:
- Fire Extinguishers, blankets etc – including Flamestop, Ansul
- Electrical Equipment – including Tyco, Ampac
- Hydraulic Equipment – we source our pumps from Skyline pumps
Sika Fire is the largest contractor for the supply & installation of both hydraulic and electrical fire protection system within Papua New Guinea. Services we offer include:
- Auditing and servicing all aspects of the fire protection sector – Sika Fire offers annual service agreements to clients throughout PNG. We carry out inspections, as per the relevant Standards, to our clients’ properties. After the inspection has been completed, a report outlining our findings, and a quote covering any non-compliant issues, are produced and forwarded to our clients. We’re able to supply this service for both dry fire systems (including Fire Detection and Evacuations systems), wet fire systems (including fire service pumps, fire hydrants, fire hose reels etc), and all forms of portable systems (i.e. fire extinguishers).
- Supply and install fire systems to new or existing buildings – Sika Fire has carried out the installation of new systems throughout the country to both new and existing properties, this includes:
- Design, Supply and Install new Fire Sprinkler Systems, Fire Hydrant and Hose Reel systems and suppression systems such as the Ansul R-102 Kitchen Suppression System and the Ansul Sapphire Fire Suppression System, used in areas with sensitive materials such as documents and / or electronic equipment (UPS Rooms, IT Rooms etc).
- Design, Supply and Install new Fire Detection and Fire Evacuation systems.
- Supply of all portable needs, such as fire extinguishers, fire blankets, standalone smoke detectors etc.
Some of the previous projects we’ve been involved in include:
- Grand Papua Hotel – installation of sprinkler system, fire hydrant and hose reel system, fire detection and evacuation system and supply and install of portable fire fighting equipment.
- Vision City – installation of sprinkler system, fire hydrant and hose reel system, fire detection and evacuation system.
- OPH (Deloittes Haus) – installation of sprinkler system, fire detection and evacuation system and supply and install of portable fire fighting equipment.
- Sir John Guise Indoor Stadium – installation of sprinkler system, fire hydrant and hose reel system, fire detection and evacuation system and supply and install of portable fire fighting equipment.
- Waigani Central Refurbishment – installation of sprinkler system, fire hydrant and hose reel system.
- Managing Director: Mr Paul Stuart – contactable on 323 0752
- General Manager: Mr Steve Malone – contactable on 7612 5040
- Administration Manager: Ronalyn Rios – contactable on 7679 2424
- Electrical Supervisor: Mr Justin Ling – contactable on 7687 2728.
Justin Ling has worked for Sika Fire for approximately 25 years. He is responsible for overseeing works including:
- Electrical Callouts
- Sales and services of Electrical Items such as fire panels, alarms and accessories and maintenance
- New Project Dry Fire system design and installation
- Plumbing Supervisor: Mr Alu Gavu – contactable on 7612 5039.
Alu Gavu has work for Sika Fire for approximately 20 years. He is responsible for overseeing works including:
- Hydraulic related Callouts
- Maintenance and servicing of wet fire systems and other forms of fire suppression systems.
- Installation of wet fire systems.
Sales & Service (Fire Fighting Equipment): This division of the company is managed by Mr. Don Mickey (contactable on 7903 9705), is responsible for the following actives:
- Sales, supply and servicing of portable fire fighting equipment
- Refill and recharging of fire extinguisher
- Carries out training in the use of portable fire fighting equipment.
Contracts Administration – Projects and Maintenance: all contracts administration activities are carried out by Ms Eunice Kunda (contactable on 7679 2424).
External Support – Sika Fire has had a long affiliation with our overseas consultants, Paul William and Eon Radley:
- Paul Williams was the General Manager of Sika Fire for 12 years from 1990 to 2002; He is now the owner of Fire Systems Supplies and Ansul Distribution workers. He is invaluable to our company, we purchase the majority of equipment through Paul, and he is always available to answer any queries we have.
- Eon Radley is the Managing Director of Fire Technology and has been involved in the installation of fire protection systems for the most of the larger building projects in PNG. Eon carried out our wet fire design work, and assists us with queries relating to wet fire.
Thank you, if you require further information please don’t hesitate to contact our Head Office via: